Saturday, January 14, 2017

Continued Work.

Last week, the final three AH-64C Apaches have arrived. Generalmajor Von Fluff (our cat Gibbs) is inspecting the newly arrived helicopters.


With commissions winding down as they get completed, it is time to get started on the IJA. These are my test ones that I will be using to paint up. First up was a bright green called Hauser Light Green from Folkart.
I use craft paints slightly thinned down with water and some soap for most of my painting cause they are cheap.
I painted the uniform and pants but for the helmets and the radio pack, I rolled a D10 (10 sided die). Evens and 1s went camo and with that they went Hauser Light green and the remaining odds are going Tamiya Dark Green (JGSDF) (XF-73)

With that applied and dried, I then applied in large splotches Model Master Armor Sand.

Next up went on smaller splotches of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68)

After that went on tiny dots of Tamiya NATO Black (XF-69)

In between painting steps, I was doing up these Apaches. Not done yet but close.

Next are my various flesh tones and a touch up of Armor Sand.

The next step are the webbing. I am a detail oriented guy and thus I had to paint them.

The colors used are Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), Tamiya Olive Drab (XF-62), Hauser Light Green (Will eliminate in the future cause it blends in too much to the original base color) and Vallejo Model Colors 70.988 Khaki.

Next were the pouches and canteens. I usually do these individually but at this scale, that be a bit mad; even for me so they were all painted the same color. These colors are Tamiya Khaki Drab (XF-61), Tamiya Olive Drab, Tamiya Dark Green (JGSDF), and Tamiya Olive Drab (JGSDF) (XF-74). 

The next step I have done were the gloves which went burnt umber.

There is plenty to do still. There are the boots, weapons, tubed weapons and other steps. So we will continue with this in a few days. Until then, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment